The consumer landscape has changed forever, driven by digital technology. Such is its impact that there are countries where citizens do not have running water but own smartphones. Digital marketing has an incredible influence on people's purchases and life habits, as well as on the business-consumer relationship. As such, companies today need to have a firm grasp on how to utilize the digital universe to maximize their brand awareness and impact.
On November 29th, Alex Hunter brand & CX expert and Virgin America Founding Team Member looked at some of the biggest ways that digital marketing has changed and keeps changing the way businesses and brands interact with their users and "prosumers", in front of 150 participants - mainly local entrepreneurs who came to seek inspiration. The seminar was held to mark the two-day event "Entrepreneurs' Days" organized by the House of Entrepreneurship, with the support of the Chamber of Commerce and the Ministry of the Economy.
Indeed, as pointed out by the Secretary of State for the Economy during her opening address, the Government is actively supporting new businesses unencumbered by antiquated systems which are in the process right now of disrupting every industry, engaging previously loyal clients and customers and re-imagining tired products. In his closing remark, Mr Michel Wurth, President of the Chamber of Commerce, recognize that key to survival in this brave new world was the importance of evolving what we do to meet the ever-changing demands of the modern consumer, also announcing the launch of a new scheme for the digitalization of SMEs in 2018.
In case you missed it, here are a few highlights and key lessons of the energetic keynote session:
- Understanding that the winners in 2017 and beyond will be those who forget the transaction and focus on the relationship.
- The key to brand loyalty is understanding the emotional connection customers have with brands, a HUGE shift in the last 5 years.
- Powerful customer experience comes for a customer experience culture that SCALES.
- All the wonderful data that we collect can be used to create powerful individual experiences. Consumers DEMAND this in 2017 and beyond.
- Tiny gestures and acknowledgements can have a huge impact on customer loyalty but also positively affect the bottom line.
- Brand consistency across all customer touchpoints creates a unified experience AND removes potential "weakest links" in customer experience.
- You have a COMMUNITY you just might not call it that. And they are hugely powerful.
More to come next season with our Entrepreneurs' Days - winter edition!
Stay tuned: watch our online agenda.