Check if the support program from the European Commission called “ELAN Network” is for you
ELAN Network is an initiative financed by the European Commission with the objective of generating tech-based business opportunities between Europe and Latin America.
ELAN Network organises events in Latin America that are free to participants and open to all types of organisations: companies (especially SMEs), intermediary organisations (chambers of commerce, clusters, associations, incubators), research centres, public administrations and other agents of the innovation ecosystem.
These events are focused on generating tech-based business opportunities between participants, and sessions are focused on generating this interaction. During the event, participants will also be able to:
- Understand the country challenges better and participate in the construction of solutions to face them
- Contrast ideas with local experts and/or from Europe
- Participate in co-creation activities to combine assets with those of other actors to generate new ideas
- Attend training sessions and interactive workshops
On the other hand, ELAN Network members are committed to support enterprises by offering the following services:
- Identification and search for potential clients and partners
- Identification of relevant agents & entities in the country
- Information about public and private financing mechanisms in Latin America and Europe
- Other support that enterprises may need before, during and after any event to ensure their business opportunities become reality.
EVENT IN BRAZIL
October 5-6th, in Sao Paolo: “Health and biotechnology: generating new business opportunities in Brazil”. More information and registration at: http://www.elannetwork.org/content/2017-brazil-event.
EVENT IN CHILE
23-24th October, Santiago: “Technologies and Business Models to Face the Energy Challenges of the 21st Century”. More information and registration at: http://www.elannetwork.org/content/2017-chile-event
The event will be coordinated with the Exhibition and Conference of Renewable Energies, ExpoERNC 2017.
EVENT IN COLOMBIA
14-15th November, Bogota: “The role of ICTs in the productive development agenda of Colombia and especially in Bogota – Cundinamarca”. More information and registration at: http://www.elannetwork.org/content/2017-colombia-event
The event will be coordinated with 20th TCI Global Conference, seeking to enable participants to engage with Cluster strategies for conducting business.
MISSIONS TO MEXICO
- 27-29th September, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico: Mission “Smart Tourism”
- 7-9th November, Monterrey, México: Mission “Automotive sectors”
Personalized agendas in the country will be jointly designed. Since only a limited number of enterprises can be involved in the mentioned missions, please any interested company contact Naiara Uribe from Tecnalia (Naiara.Uribe(at)tecnalia.com) as soon as possible.
There are some travel funds (up to 1.200€) available to cover travel expenses (flight and accommodation) for European companies. In case of interest, companies must fulfil the application form in appendix and send it as soon as possible (via email to Mikel Emaldi (Mikel.Emaldi(at)tecnalia.com), since there is a limited number of funds available.
If you are interested and you want to know more, visit the website: www.elannetwork.org or contact the International Affairs team for further information (contact persons: Violaine Mathurin/Sabrina Aksil – latinamerica(at)cc.lu – T: +352 42 39 39 – 481/374).
Testimonials about the ELAN Network are available here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCsZQf1LuZcGQabz0qZI6fg